Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Today is Wednesday

My beloved forget-me-nots
I am currently on a classical music binge…I have been listening to Beethoven, Bach, Vivaldi, Rachmaninov, Yo Yo Ma, etc. for the last several days and I can’t seem to get enough of it. Adagio, concerto, nocturne, allemande, suite in E major, allegro, fugue, andante, moderato –such romance! Such vigorous words! A vow: I will incorporate more music words into my vocabulary. There was a time in my life several, several years ago when I listened to Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons continuously for nearly a month. I think it kind of weirded me out in the end and I put that CD in my desk drawer at home, and it has never seen the light of day since. Maybe I should turn myself in for a case study as to the effects of prolonged exposure to The Four Seasons. I am wondering what Bach is doing to me now. Something elemental and strange, I hope.

No comments: