Monday, March 26, 2007

Lots of work done this weekend!

Saturday, the weather was stunning. I got a little sunburned on my face and arms! This is what got done: 1. blankets all hung outside all day on newly installed clothesline 2. cleaned out all pots on patio from last year's plant debris 3. planted all patio pots with recovered seeds from last year (daisies and marigolds) and several different varieties of new annual seeds (including nicotania - supposed to have lime green flowers...can't wait!) 4. Put together the little outdoor side tables that mom got me (and all my other sisters) at Christmas. They were lime green, promptly painted black. 5. Planted carrot seeds in the garden 6. built an enclosure for my raspberries and other mystery berry I planted last year (very excited as there are about 11 new raspberries coming up this year!) 7. Cleaned patio table 8. Watched Rob mow the front yard (looks excellent!) 9. Trimmed my lilac trees (almost ready to bloom!) 10. Went to the grocery store 11. Bought a new tinkly windchime (was excellent on Sunday when it was a little rainy and somewhat windy) 12. We made the bed with the excellently fresh blankets that had been outside ALL DAY. The sun is the best fabric refresher there is! 13. Planted 72+ seeds in little peat starter pots. Tomatoes and basils all! Can't freaking wait!!! On Sunday, I cleaned the kitchen, made two huge loaves of banana bread, took down all the St. Patty's decorations, roasted a chicken, watched more of March Madness (stupid Kansas!), did some laundry, more dishes! I made a stovetop mac-n-cheese with turkey sausage and the cherry tomatoes that I roasted last year - they added a really great flavor...I am impressed with myself. I trimmed the dog's toenails. And, spent some quality time on the couch as well. That's about it. Wonderful weather. So thankful for the sun and the dirt. So excited for the arrival of my newest green babies.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Holy sweet Mary and Joseph! You were a busy monkey! I can't wait to come over and enjoy all your hard work! Sitting on the patio just sounds heavenly. Love - Kate