Thursday, June 5, 2014

Medicinal cookies for my Old Lady Sadie

I wanted to make some cookies for The Sade that could offer some potential health benefits for her in these, her last months,  weeks, days...sigh.

I made a double batch of my go-to Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers (recipe here).

To this I added:

Blanched stinging nettle - helpful for liver cleansing and removing metabolic waste
Oat straw - source of calcium and a known nervine
Lavender - 'cuz it smells good
Red clover - phytoestrogen
Honey - I didn't have the superfood bee pollen, but I did have honey
Six bags of Echinacea herbal tea - boosts immune function
Valerian - nervine, promotes natural sleep
Small handful of fresh dandelion leaves - liver issues and kidney disease
Two yellow dandelion flowers (I didn't have too many dandelions.  Why?  Check this.)

Here's how it looked in the food processor.


Scooped them out into balls and baked them for 20 minutes.  Letting them air dry for a couple days so they don't mold in a container.



They seem to calm her a bit...other than that, I doubt I will ever know if they help her in any way.  Here's hoping.







No comments: