Saturday, July 19, 2014

still later...

My prayer for today: Lord, though I wander in darkness among the ravenous, jealous, and greedy heathens, give me the vision and the strength to see a better tomorrow. Yea, though I drive through the land careening with idiots who have zero respect or courtesy for others, give me the patience to not commit fiery road rage. As I witness the poverty, the sadness, the injustice, the murders, the hate-mongering, the anger, the closed-mindedness of my fellow humans, give me the courage to strive against utter hopeless. As I watch my world turned upside down by the thoughtless actions of others, I will remain clear and focused. As I watch more and more children brought into the desolation of our society, I will try to remember that only I am capable of changing my world. Grant me the grace and serenity not to crawl under a log. Amen.

No comments: