Monday, July 7, 2014

This heat...

To be in a snow and ice-encrusted igloo, free from the heat of the gorged Sun, the sweat of billions of cars (Oh!  How they try in vain to force Winter through their insignificant plastic vents!), the waves of hot, blistering smoke that roll across the shimmering landscape. My dream: To huddle on windswept tundra, shivering in the cold, arching my back in a trembling stretch. To be out from under the heat that makes me shudder, sucking the air from my lungs, bleeding me to death by osmosis. Ah, to be frosty under plastic, a Dreamsicle maybe...so cold - air sticking to each fine, misty drop of crystalline moisture. To escape the stuffy, thick, heavy air and dive naked underneath smooth, light, obscenely expensive liqueur over ice. Feeling slow and deathly pale. To move from the achingly hot of today into the painfully cold, blue, suffocation of Winter.

No comments: