Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tuesday, or second Monday...

It's still too hot.

I tried to take My for a walk for the first time in weeks...still trying to come back from straining my foot a couple of weeks ago.  Damn gravity.  I thought, meh - it's a little breezy, doesn't feel as hot as it has been feeling, I need to get off my ample ass...let's do it.  Yeah.  It was a good start.  My was super excited to go!  She was jumping about, almost fell down the stairs of the greenhouse, barking!  Conclusion:  It was too hot.  My seemed to have some problems breathing with her head collar on.  My foot started aching five minutes into it.  Sweat starting trickling down the small of my back, my face started to melt a bit where the rims of my sunglasses just barely touched my cheeks.  Awesome.  Checked the temp when we got back and it was 96°.  Holy hot!  What was I thinking?  Oh, I dunno...get myself off the couch for at least a little bit?  Take my sicky white dog on a little walk, something she adores?  Maybe get out of the faked false coolness of temperature-controlled structures for a little while?  Ya think?

My is doing ok.  She was panting this morning before work...something unusual for her.  It stressed me out all morning and early afternoon until Katie came by to let Sadie out and informed me that all was well at home.  I feel pretty sheepish about the obsessing.  I felt bad about leaving her, but what am I going to do if I stay home?  Stare at her?  Constantly count and record her breaths per minute?  Scrutinize the outlines of Sadie's bony outline stretched across the ottoman?  Re-align the yoga mat path (again) to ensure there's no slippery spots for Sadie to lose her traction and fall?

None of these things relieve the anxiety.

Tick tock, tick tock.

No comments: